Phonepe is popular and simple to use if you understand how to delete Phonepe account permanently. To make you understand easier, we are covering this detailed guide where we will be talking about how to remove Phonepe account. But let us go through a brief introduction of Phonepe before starting this guide.
In 2016, our country had a major economic event. Our Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi, declared demonetization, which resulted in the creation of new currency denominations, rendering old money useless. Users of digital payment applications such as Paytm and Phonepe have grown at an exponential rate.
What Is PhonePe Application?
PhonePe, a Flipkart-owned UPI (Unified Payments Interface)-based payments software, was established in December 2015 by Sameer Nigam, Rahul Chari, and Burzin Engineer. It’s a digital payment system that lets you send and receive money from your associated bank account.
Phonepe is a digital payments app with headquarters in Bangalore. It is a UPI-based app that may be used for a variety of reasons. Phonepe is accessible in a wide range of Indian languages. You can pay your power, phone, and piped gas bills, as well as book hotels, aeroplane tickets, and bus tickets.
Phonepe is extensively utilised, with over 17 million online and offline retailers using it. Phonepe can be used to pay for expenses such as meals, travel, and medications. In India, Phonepe has over 280 million subscribers. Phonepe’s UPI app is in collaboration with Yes Bank.
Phonepe allows you to make UPI payments in a variety of ways. You may add a credit or debit card, a bank account, or money to your Phonepe wallet. The bank account associated with Phonepe should also be associated with your phone. This was a brief introduction to PhonePe.
If you are asking how to delete my PhonePe account, then the next section briefs you with the steps for the same.
How To Delete Account In PhonePe Permanently?
There are several reasons for permanently cancelling the PhonePe Account. If you have numerous PhonePe accounts, you can remove one of them. You can also close one PhonePe account if you have changed your UPI-based number. A few consumers have also deleted their PhonePe accounts due to poor customer support or the discontinuation of cashback offers.
There is no direct way to completely deactivate the PhonePe account. You may deactivate your PhonePe account by contacting their customer service department. You may completely cancel your PhonePe account via the PhonePe Android & iOS app or the PhonePe Official Website.
Follow the steps given below for easily removing your PhonePe account off the grid:
- Launch the PhonePe app
- Tap the question mark (?) in the preceding section.
- Now, in the Help area, select ‘My Account and KYC.’
- Select ‘My PhonePe Account Details.’
- Deleting my PhonePe account
- Select an option such as ‘I am dissatisfied with PhonePe.’
- Select ‘Contact Support’
- Choose a language
- Solve all of your PhonePe-related issues. Within the following 24 hours, the PhonePe support staff will contact you by phone call or email.
How To Delete PhonePe Account Using Website?
There are a lot of people who prefer internet banking over mobile banking. They might think that the website is a safer option for transactions, unlike apps that can crash anytime. Also, mobile applications are more vulnerable to online fraud. So, if you want to know the steps of how to delete PhonePe account using the official website, then go through the steps given below:
- Go to the PhonePe official website
- Sign in
- Scroll down and click the ‘Contact Us’ link
- Email and phone calls are the two methods for contacting the support staff
- Choose your chosen option, and it will be delivered to you within the following 2-3 business days.
How To Deactivate PhonePe Account Using Mobile Application?
Deactivation for a few days may sound better than complete deletion. But in the case of PhonePe, if you delete your account then you are never going to get it back. So, why deactivate when you have the option to delete?
Well, you might re-verify your account by sending the valid documents to customer support. This can give back access to your account for one more time. Let us see the steps for deactivating a PhonePe account:
- Launch the PhonePe app.
- In the upper right corner, tap the ‘?’ symbol.
- On the following screen, select My account and KYC.
- Select Account-Related Issues.
- Select My PhonePe Account Details from the drop-down menu.
- Then, choose Deleting my PhonePe account.
- Select either “I wish to update my PhonePe mobile number” or “I have another PhonePe account on the following screen”.
- When you select one of the two alternatives listed above, you’ll notice a Deactivate PhonePe account button; click on it.
- You will be prompted to confirm whether or not you want to cancel your account; click “yes”.
- You’ll next be asked if your PhonePe account has a zero balance if all of your bank accounts, cards, and addresses have been deleted and if you have any current autopay or payment reminders.
- If you have a zero balance, have deleted all of your data, and do not use autopay, your account deactivation request will be forwarded to the appropriate team.
- The team will examine your request and delete the account within seven days.
The method is the same for the PhonePe official website as well, however, it is far easier if done using the mobile app.
Till now, we have seen how to delete PhonePe account or how to deactivate it. But what if you simply want to remove your bank account from PhonePe?
How To Delete Bank Account From PhonePe App?
These are the steps that you need to follow for knowing how to delete PhonePe bank account:
- Launch the Phonepe app.
- Then, navigate to the My Accounts area.
- You should now see a ‘Bank Accounts’ button.
- You’ll now get a list of all the accounts associated with your Phonepe.
- Select the account you wish to remove by clicking on it.
- A pop-up icon will appear when you click the delete button. In this section, choose Unlink.
Isn’t the steps for how to delete account number in PhonePe simple and subtle? Now you even know how to delete bank account in PhonePe. But what if you have a merchant account?
How To Delete PhonePe Business Account?
Owners of businesses can open a PhonePe merchant account and receive funds in their bank account. However, if they are not satisfied with an online transaction method, they may quickly deactivate their PhonePe merchant account. There may be causes, such as changing the bank account details in an existing PhonePe merchant account after verification, however, PhonePe does not permit this.
PhonePe, on the other hand, allows you to add new or erase existing bank account information.
On your mobile device, launch the PhonePe Business app. So, follow these steps for deleting PhonePe merchant account:
- In the upper right corner, touch on the “Question mark symbol.” Following that, you’ll be able to access the support area.
- Select “Suggestion and feedback relevant.” You should now see the “Contact us” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, open a support ticket and specify that “you wish to deactivate your PhonePe merchant account.”
Following that, you will receive a communication from a PhonePe representative detailing the termination of your account.
Bonus: How To Delete PhonePay Account History
After making some important payments, we don’t want anyone to see our transition history because it is a private matter, but we don’t know how to clear phone history. The information or evidence of every money transferred, received, recharged, debited, or credited using the PhonePe app are referred to as transaction history.
The history provides information about your account balance, statement, and spending history. It is important to maintain the history to trace your money. However, the app cannot accommodate all transactions. It is necessary to clean and make room for more transaction histories.
In this bonus segment, we will cover how to delete history in PhonePe. And you don’t have to worry because we’re going to show you a hidden technique to wipe transaction history in PhonePe:
- Log in to your PhonePe account with your login information.
- Continue to the section on transaction history.
- Choose the history you want to erase.
- Confirm that the information is correct, and then click the remove transaction option.
- Please keep in mind that this section only applies to older versions of applications.
- Click the “contact support” button to get the new version.
- Following that, enter a statement saying that you want to erase your transaction history. For instance, hello sir, I’d want to hide or remove my transaction history because of.
- Send the text message and open a new ticket for the request.
- The data will be checked and verified by contact support before you can proceed with the request.
- The request will be immediately hidden or deleted from the page by the system.
The bad news is that there’s no direct method to delete the transactional history of PhonePe application.
Knowing How To Delete PhonePe Account Will Save Your Privacy
Phonepe’s popularity has grown tremendously over the years, and there are several reasons for this. It is simple to use, available in a variety of languages, and extremely secure. You may be confident that even if you link your bank account, your money will be safe because data in Phonepe is encrypted on many layers. Yes, Bank is its backer.
One critical element of using Phonepe for transactions is that Phonepe does not keep any of its users’ data. You must use a one-of-a-kind pin that only you should know to conduct transactions. Never give out your pin to anyone. But deleting such a precious application from mobile phone will be disrespectful.
So, we hope our article on how to delete PhonePe account helped you somehow!