Losing hair can be a nightmare. The moment you start losing hair, you begin to look for options that can restore your hair and appearance. One such option is hair transplantation along with medical therapy. Even though it’s becoming a common procedure these days, yet, it still has to be performed by the best hair transplant surgeon to ensure that the results are what you desire and not a disaster.
Although significant technological advances have been made, such as robotic-assisted surgery, suction-assisted follicular extraction, and semi-automatic graft insertion. These advances have the best minimal impact on improving surgical outcomes.
Hair transplantation is the best hair loss treatment option for treating hair loss and baldness. Well for better results, choosing the best surgeon for the treatment is very important.
Here, are a few essential tips that should be kept in mind while choosing a hair transplant surgeon;
- Qualification of the surgeon: The Internet is booming today in terms of the knowledge we can gain from it. Using it the right way can benefit us a lot. Even when you book an appointment for a consultation, read about the surgeon’s qualification. Hair transplant treatment is very delicate and should be done by a qualified surgeon under aseptic precautions. Therefore, it is important to have the right surgical skills to help you see the right results.
- Surgeon’s experience: Choosing an experienced surgeon makes a lot of difference as they handle a variety of cases and complications. Experience should not be evaluated with age or years only, but check how many cases they have managed so far.
- Ask for before and after photos: Ask your hair transplant surgeon for before and after photos of previous patients. This will ensure that you are at the right place and gives you an idea of what to expect.
Ask the following questions to your hair transplant surgeon on whether they are considering/performing either Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) or Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation (FUT):
- Whether the surgery is performed by the surgeons or technicians?
- Whether Pre anesthetic evaluation will be done? Is an Anesthetist included in the Hair transplant team?
- Do you perform any investigations prior to surgery to ensure patient’s safety during the surgery?
- Is the surgery performed in a well equipped Operation Theater with facilities for monitoring vitals and all the emergency drugs ?
- Do you provide expert doctor’s assistance post surgery, in case the patient needs any help?
Once you decide and choose the right doctor and the center for your hair transplant, it’s time to understand your treatment plan. Planning is one of the most important steps after choosing the right doctor. As a part of your consultation, your hair transplant surgeon will discuss the surgical plan with you. This plan will include:
- How many grafts do you need
- Where the surgeon will implant the grafts
- What results to expect and when to expect the same
- How long surgery will take
- What you can expect from recovery
Your hair transplant surgeon may also ask you about your health and medical history. You must provide information like the names and amount of dosage of all medications you take. These details also play a role during your treatment planning.
If you are suffering from a skin, hair or nail related problem, and looking for the best dermatology hospital in Bangalore then visit Cutis. They have an expert team of hair transplant surgeons to provide the best possible results.